As a mission trip, we came with one mission---to humbly & wholeheartedly serve the people God brings us to. But as we finish up week number one, it seems as though as we are serving these children by teaching them English, doing life with them, & having fun with them, we are the ones being served, being taught, & we will be also bringing back many memories back to our homes as well.

One person that I was truly blessed by was someone we met through the program (I will not write his name or his occupation because of security reasons & I have no idea how to spell his name). He took us around Casablanca---the mosque, shopping, out to eat, touring the city. This quiet, humble, kind-hearted Moroccan man was the one that gave me proof that God was in this city. God was using men like him to further expand His kingdom. This ex-Muslim man was an underground Christian, a man who would be looked down upon for changing his religion. He explained how he meets at a house church to engage in Bible studies and have fellowship with his few friends---things we all get to do at home at our free will.

A thing he taught us before eating our dinner was that although Christians pray before eating dinner, Muslims pray after they eat their dinner. He then explained that in Psalms the difference between praying before and after eating. Before we eat, we are hungry; after we eat, we are full. Then he explained, "when you are empty, you remember God, but when you are full, you do not remember your God." I realized how much truth that speaks to us. Yes, we go through stages of spiritual stagnation or spiritual highs, but we need to realize that we should never be satisfied with where we are with God. The biggest enemy of Christians is comfort.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Please pray for our friend :)

2 comments:

Very insightful. And wow, the thing about praying after eating. Definitely going to try that.

Praying for you guys! :) Thanks for keeping us updated.

Yar...I hate being complacent with my life. Currently, I think it's way too easy for me to find fault with ppl when I should look at my own life and pray for guidance and such.

Post a Comment