Last day of teaching English.. for now

Since we arrived in Morocco on Saturday (7/18), I haven't had the chance to write anything. However, it gave me a lot of time to reflect on the things that have happened so far in Morocco. When the announcement of the mission trip to Morocco, I hastily decided to go. It probably wasn't wise for me to not think about the trip and praying about it but I realized this was a calling from God. A call that I could not refuse. All of my life, I've denied God's will and His command for various stupid reasons. This time around I learned to really commit to God and to simply see what grand things He has for me.

It has been truly amazing to see such hospitality and kindness from the Moroccan people. Our willingness to exert our utmost energy in teaching English to the Moroccan kids grew rapidly. It has already been 5 days of English lessons and it's been a lot of fun and encouraging. The kids have been attentive and desiring to learn English. I was given the priveledge to talk with the Moroccan kids about their interests and their desires and goals. It was encouraging to see that every kid could speak at least 2 languages excluding English and hearing that they wish to go to America and learn more about the culture.

We were given the chance to talk to Moundir, the founder of the Tennis Academy. His vision and passion to give opportunities for people of all kind to learn to play tennis and even learn English. A Muslim as himself that has tremendous respect for people of all kinds and all religions was definitely encouraging.

Though today was our last day of teaching English, we are resuming with a new lesson for the following week. This will give us an opportunity to rest up and refresh ourselves, and even maybe take another tour of the city of Casablanca. It has been an incredible experience and I hope to see God work even more.

1 comments:

I remember being totally encouraged by the children in Kenya because they were also super attentive and just so happy to see us everyday and be in our company. It was an experience that will be hard to forget, as I'm sure this Morocco trip will be for you. :)

Post a Comment